Plastic Design Validation
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard
MSRP - 1 Annual License
Recommended UsesGet a Quote *Does not include subscription service
Simulation-Driven Design for Plastic Part Production
- Simulate how melted plastic flows during the injection molding process
- Predict how molds will fill, identify if there will be any air traps or voids, and determine where parting or weld lines will be
- Make manufacturing modifications a thing of the past by delivering accurate designs the first time
- Confer with moldmakers and manufacturing colleagues anywhere in the world
- Determine the best gate locations during the design phase with accuracy
Easy Team collaboration
Easy-To-Use Injection Molding Simulation
NO TRANSLATION REQUIRED
Fully embedded in SOLIDWORKS, and associative with native SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Models.
EXTENSIVE MATERIAL DATABASE
Includes over 4,000 commercially available plastic parts with the necessary melt data to simulate them. Just pick the one you need!
SIMPLIFIED, AUTOMATIC MESHING
Robust mesher generates shell and solid mesh types and automatically supports global and local mesh refinements.
FILLING PHASE SIMULATION
Output fill time plots almost instantaneously to identify weld lines and air traps, as well as overall fill times.
SINK MARK ANALYSIS
Analyze the simulated part for areas prone to sink marks or excessive shrinkage during the cooling phase.
AUTOMATIC GATE LOCATION
Not sure where to put the gate? SOLIDWORKS Plastics can determine the best place with its automatic gate location command.