Discover How 2D DraftSight Enhances 3D Design Tools
DraftSight: Seamlessly integrate with other 3D design solutions.
There are times when you need to work with a screwdriver- then there are times when you will need a hammer to complete a job. Sometimes, you need both these tools, and you can’t work with either one of these tools. Where are we going with this? Consider this: 3D design tools are fantastic, and you would conclude that a 3D design solution is the first preference to design any equipment. But what happens during those critical situations when nothing but a 2D software solution will do? Very similar to the screwdriver and hammer situation. DraftSight is that essential 2D drafting tool that helps your 3D design tools work better. Here’s a closer look at what DraftSight is and how it can enhance 3D design tools.
What is DraftSight?
DraftSight is a feature-rich 2D drafting solution comprising a familiar user interface (UI) and essential 2D drawing tools. This robust solution with time-saving functionalities lets you move effortlessly and seamlessly from 2D drafting to 3D design within the same environment. Plus, the solution allows you to connect to other services and solutions like SOLIDWORKS solutions, easily collaborate and manage all your DWG file designs right from the ideation stage to the outcome.
DraftSight’s offerings include the Standard, Professional, and Premium versions. Each of these solutions is built to suit particular needs. While DraftSight Standard is designed for educators, students, and hobbyists, DraftSight Professional serves companies. DraftSight Premium has added features that provide designers and manufacturers with genuine design freedom to work the way they want. From helping with drafting and modeling to prototyping and manufacturing, and even laser cutting and 3D printing – DraftSight Enterprise and Enterprise Plus helps with it all.
How 2D DraftSight enhances 3D design tools – the case of Young Industries
This case study describes how DesignPoint helped Young Industries grow their business by simplifying the 2D solution and increasing their efficiency and productivity.
The Young Industries, Inc.
About the company:
The company has been operating since 1947 and manufacturing bulk materials handling equipment. The company also holds several patents.
As an ongoing process, the engineering team constantly looks for better methods for developing, designing, and manufacturing various equipment that handles dry bulk in multiple industries.
Most of the designing and engineering work done within the company is done using (3D design solutions) SOLIDWORKS software. Unfortunately, the company faced a few problems in 2D designs:
- The company did not have a reliable 2D design tool to create simple layouts and modify legacy drawings.
- The 2D drawings they had been using were not accurate at times since dimensions were not to scale.
- The 2D design software that they used ultimately lead to software and hardware failure.
DesignPoint then stepped in, recognizing the company’s enormous potential for efficiency gains. After considering several options, Young Industries selected DraftSight Enterprise as its 2D software solution. DesignPoint then assisted and followed up on their cross-departmental business growth.
Reasons for choosing DraftSight.
DraftSight Enterprise was chosen for the following reasons:
- DraftSight Enterprise was compatible with the company’s SOLIDWORKS design environment – a 3D design solution.
- The DraftSight software was more cost-efficient than other CAD applications.
- DraftSight provided the exact 2D design tools that Young Industries required and did exactly what they needed.
- Young Industries could use DraftSight to work more efficiently with customers who could not use SOLIDWORKS. DraftSight was used to open files, edit, and then communicate back and forth with clients.
- DraftSight seamlessly plugged into the SOLIDWORKS product data management system and network license server for concurrent use.
- The software’s maintenance and support were easy.
- Unmatched Accuracy
- The Frontline Gets an Upgrade
- Paperless Accounting
- Improved Production
DraftSight Enterprise seamlessly integrated with the company’s 3D design solution. Young Industries benefited well from moving from their previous 2D solution to DraftSight Enterprise. Listed here are some benefits the company experienced:
- The company’s engineers did not have to translate files from a 2D perspective to 3D, saving time and money.
- Before installing DraftSight, then engineers wasted days remodeling old 2D drawings. The engineers could now complete modifications in less than 15 minutes in DraftSight.
- Young Industries could now easily manage its expansive collection/library of legacy data (in 2D), which accelerated the proposal stage and saved the company time, energy, and money.
- Since DraftSight Enterprise was fully compatible with SOLIDWORKS PDM, it could manage its drawing management function with much more ease.
- DraftSight is very easy to learn because it is similar to AutoCAD. Plus, the software is highly intuitive, making it the ideal tool for engineers.
There is no doubt that DraftSight solutions can seamlessly integrate with a company’s existing 3D design solutions (like SOLIDWORKS) and work with it in unison to save time, money, and effort. But that’s not all. All DraftSight products provide AutoCAD users with immense flexibility and freedom to work the way they want to at a more cost-effective price. If you are looking for a way to switch between 2D drafting and 3D design, consider investing in a DraftSight software package.
DesignPoint is a 3D design solutions company that provides both 3D software and 3D hardware. The company has dedicated itself to creating innovative solutions for manufacturing, product design, and engineering across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states.