SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling
July 13, 2020
What to Expect
- Duration: 3 days
- Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM — lunch is included!
- Prerequisites: SOLIDWORKS Fundamentals and a minimum of 80 hours of SOLIDWORKS modeling time.
Create Complex Parts with Industry-Leading Software
- Create complex geometries using advanced modeling techniques
- Design a part with multiple bodies and save the bodies as separate parts
- Speed up the design process by using 3D sketching
- Automatically create extruded and cut threads with input parameters
Advanced Part Modeling
Take advantage of multibody design techniques. Quickly use the part environment to create multiple parts and save them out separately or create one part while choosing which features effect which bodies.
Use a combination of sweeps, lofts, and guide curves to create really complex parts, which can’t be created using regular design techniques.
Learn how to create sketches in 3D, which can then be used to easily create complex sweeps or structural members.
Use splines to easily create the curves you’re looking for, or when you need to match geometry from a picture.
Easily create cut and extruded threads by simply drawing a sketch with the outer diameter and inputting parameters to describe the rest of the thread.
Learn everything there is to know about fillets from variable radius fillets to fillets that terminate at hold lines.