SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin Training
August 9, 2021
What to Expect
- Duration: 2 days
- Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM — lunch is included!
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of SOLIDWORKS file references and Custom Properties
Become an Effective PDM Vault Admin in Just Two Days!
- Learn how to configure PDM to match your organization’s needs
- Improve inefficient processes in managing your CAD data
- Standardize file and project structures across your organization
Make Data Management Work for You, Not Against You!
User and Groups
Set up user log-ins, and organize them into groups for efficient assignment of all appropriate permissions.
Folder and File Card Creations
Learn how to design your own Folder and File Card. Customize the layout and manage the right metadata. Keep all relevant information at your fingertips.
Bill of Material Views
Standardize your Bill of Materials. Show a finished BOM result directly from your PDM view.
Electronically Capture your Workflow
Learn to design complex workflows in PDM to match your organization’s current processes. Route documents to the appropriate parties and keep everyone informed as to product status.
Automate painstaking tasks
Configure PDM tasks to do your “busy work”! Set-up tasks to automatically convert files or output PDFs of released document, just to name a few!
Standardize File/Folder structures
Utilize PDM Templates to create standardization of file and folder structures in your secure vault.
Basics of Data Migration
Learn some basic techniques to effectively migrate legacy data into your PDM vault.